CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Meet Mr. Turkey.



He's got about two more hours until he'll be completely done.


Everything we're having for dinner today is made entirely from scratch.


I put together two apple pies last night. We spent an hour tearing up 5 loaves of bread and putting together the stuffing. I peeled 10 lbs of potatoes this morning for mashes taters. And put together a green bean casserole, where the only thing "pre-made" was the frozen green beans. Mmm. And I've currently got turkey gravy from the turkey drippings going on the stove.


My mom and I have been cooking and doing dishes and cleaning since last night - but that's what I love about Thanksgiving. Being with the ones who matter the most, and eating damn good food!


It's just going to be my family and good friends of ours - and we'll have a ton of leftovers, but it's ok. I'm relieved Georges family didn't come. It would have been much too stressfull.


*****


My mom and sister got into town yesterday morning. We're having a blast.


We've got a ton of snow and Gabe had a ton of fun in it while George was shoveling the drivey way.


I should get some more stuff done while the boys are sleeping.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


0 comments: