CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

broke the sink.

I love weekends where we complete much needed tasks around the home, and just spend time together as a family. Friday I broke our sink.The lid of a soup can got stuck in the drain, and it was the perfect size. I didn't have room to pry it out at the sides, at all. So, in my genius, I stabbed it with a knife.
Well, our sink is plastic. (Much to our disliking. We plan on changing it to stainless.)
And I guess I punctured part of the drain, and it was leaking. Heh.So, George and Gabe took a trip to the home hardware store. And then fixed the sink together.Gabe certainly had a blast helping Daddy fix the sink. He's always been so interested in fixing things, figuring out how things work, and doing whatever Daddy is doing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Xavier sat in the highchair, eating 'nanas and cheerios, observing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me: George, you know you're the luckiest man in the world to have two little helpers?
George: Two for now. Soon we'll have 7!
Me: 0.0

After the boys finished fixing my sink, I had a huge mess to clean up. So, I did - with Xavier going for the ride.(These next two photos aren't of yesterday, actually. But they're pictures George took while I was cleaning the kitchen with Xavier on my back on two other days.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Gotta love the butt sag. I've recently lost another 5 lbs and now none of my jeans fit. Yay for that.

After all that fun, George took a bath with Gabe. Gabe has refused to take baths for the last week. A couple times I've forced him, but then I said screw it. That's obviously not going to make his recent disliking for baths any better. So, I'd wash him down with a wet cloth before bed and that'd be that. However, yesterday it had been 4 days since he had a bath and I wasn't okay with that. So George got into the tub and coaxed Gabe into it - and they stayed in their splashing and giggling for an hour. Hopefully baths from now on will be easier.

This afternoon I'm going to see Stephen Lewis speak about the AIDS crisis in Africa. Sans kids. Yay!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

SO damn cute!!!

And I used to have to take baths with Katelyn because she went through this phase where she would get SO mad if I put here anywhere near a bath tub. It lasted about a month and then she wanted the tub to herself again :)

Unknown said...

Hehehe, how cute! :)

I broke our bathroom sink the other day... darn thing. Thankfully, it didn't require any trips to the store to fix. Just had to fix the little stopper thingy.

Anonymous said...

Look at him eye balling the chips! LOL I hate butt sag for reals. I broke our sink once... I sat on it when I was 9 months pregnant and it literally broke away from the wall. Talk about feeling like a fat ass...