CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

crappy night.

Tuesday, I took the boys on an errand to the bank to deposit a check. Just as I was pulling into the bank parking lot, Gabe started vomitting.

Now, this isn't all that unusual for him - because he gets car sick all the time. However, it's usually not on such short drives.

So, I cleaned him up and went on about my way.

10 minutes after getting home, he threw up again. I thought maybe he was car sick, again. But then he just kept throwing up, and developed a fever. -sigh-

He was okay and slept well that night.

Fast forward to yesterday evening, and Xavier starts. He started at 7pm, and didn't stop puking every hour until 5 this morning. I started getting worried around 9:30 when he had thrown up 5 times already, so I called George home from work. He works an hour away, and if anything were to happen and I'd need to get Xavier to the hospital, he wouldn't get home in time and I'd end up having to wake Gabe and go. He got home around 11:00pm, and took care of Xavier for a few hours so I could get some sleep.

Poor kid. He kept wanting to nurse, and then no sooner than unlatching it would all come back up. Finally around 5am he nursed and was able to keep it down. And then nursed again around 7am and kept it down. He's still sleeping in bed, and seems to be doing fine.

I feel like crap, am trying to avoid puking, and have the smell of stomach acid permanently burned into my nose.

'Tis the season.

1 comments:

Annie said...

Isn't Motherhood Grand?

Yeah we've had the whole experience where you look at the child and say "do you think you're going to throw up?" and then become covered in vomit - so pleasant.