CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Breastfeeding Challenge

Since moving here, I've gotten acquainted with a wonderful group of women. A little bit after moving in, I took a trip to the park with the boys and met someone there - who invited me to a playgroup. The day before the playgroup, I received an email from someone I met online, inviting me to the very same play group! What a small world.

Anywho - I attended said playgroup, and the moms in it are absolutely wonderful. One of them only living a short two blocks from me.

One of the mothers, G, has decided to organize the Quintessence Foundation's Breastfeeding Challenge for our city. Of course, being the type A personality that I am, I've offered to help. And, of course, participate. I put together a flyer with G's help this evening...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
... and we're going to be distributing them throughout town. We're first waiting to see if the Health Centre and the local LLL would like to participate. We're hoping both do, as it'll save me having to throw together pamphlets of breastfeeding information. Not to mention, it'll give the local LLL chapter much needed publicity. I've heard the meetings are pathetically small (I haven't had the chance to attend one yet - next month!) - so we need to work on changing that.
-shrugs- It'll be a fun little get together and a great chance for me to meet more mamas around here. And it's just the beginning of my plan to take over the world! Muahahaha. ;)
In all seriousness - I've got lots of plans to take bring something exciting to Barrie. But I'm not telling anything more than that until I have the chance to work out more details!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be a part of that!

silverspook said...

Our LLL is pitiful, too. But so are the local BFing rates. :(

PunkyzNena said...

When you get the chance, IM me.

Too bad I can't leave private notes. lol

Michelle said...

Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! :) Moms groups can be a lot of fun! I started one awhile ago where I live!

Anonymous said...

well, that's pretty great, taylor. something really positive to be involved in.