CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Dog Poo.

For dinner this evening, we had baked chicken with wax beans, green beans and baby carrots. I carefully cut up Gabriels chicken in bite sized portions, and gave him more baby carrots than beans - as he's not a big fan of beans at all. I set his little toddler plate on the dining room table and told him it was dinner time. He climbed into his chair, grabbed his fork and started eating enthusiastically.

I scoop up Xavier, and stick him in the highchair. I cut green beans, wax beans and baby carrots into mini bite sized portions, and he goes to town. I then sit down to eat my dinner, when I see Gabriel pointing in the direction of Xavier. When I don't react, he pushes himself away from the dining room table and hops onto the floor. He runs over the Xaviers high chair and starts fishing around with his fat little fingers looking for his food.

Why is it that, he could have the same exact thing, but he wants what Xavier has? This is going to drive me nuts as they get older.

After he got over the "I want what baby brother has" thing - he ran outside to play with the dogs. I love the way our new house is set up. I can see the entire yard from the kitchen, and it's completely fenced - so he is free to go in and out as he pleases.

Gabe has this, thing, this obsession, with picking up dog poop. I know, gross. But he really does. It's not really that gross considering he doesn't pick it up with his hands. Anyways, every morning he runs outside and finds all the poop for me. First, he points at it and starts yelling at it/for me. If I don't come right away, he goes to the side of the house and grabs the pooper scooper for me and then brings it to me. I got outside, he shows me where all the poop is, we dispose of it and all is said and done.

Apparently someone pooped this afternoon, and it was unacceptable to Gabe to leave it in the yard. He was yelling at it, and I could hear him - I was eating my dinner! I'm not going to willingly get up in the middle of a bite of chicken to go pick up dog poop. Three minutes later, in comes Gabriel shoving a pooper scooper in my face.

-sigh-

Can a 20 month old really be obsessive compulsive?

It's my birthday tomorrow. The big 2-0. Whoop de doo. George found out he didn't have to work tomorrow, so he's coming home tonight. I don't think we're doing anything special. But we might spend the day at the beach on Monday, if the weather cooperates.

15 comments:

Full of Heart said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a nice day :)

PunkyzNena said...

He sounds like your little helper! =D

And yay for no longer being a teen! Oh shiznat! Time to party!

sash said...

happy early birthday! =)

that was really cute even if it was about dog poop lol. zav gets fixated on things as well, usually out of concern and will keep saying uh oh over and over till i either remedy the situation or show him that its nothing to worry about. must be the age lol

Anonymous said...

LOL Don't you love the "Gotta have what the other has stage?" Ugh. :) Yay for your almost birthday!

Mel said...

It's after midnight!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
We'll be stopping by with your present at some point
<3

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!!!

About the dog poo--pretty soon you'll be able to teach him to scoop it himself, then you won't have to do it...
It's so funny that he worries about it every day like that. Rosie obsesses over little things too sometimes.

Sweet Anticipation said...

That is too funny about the dog poop. But Amy was right...soon Gabe will do it and you won't have to! Or Gabe won't want to do it any more once he IS finally able to do it..lol.

Happy birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day! :)

Tuesday's Child said...

You're only 19? Oh wow! I thought you were a few years older than me!
Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Gabe cracks me up... I am sure as soon as he's old enough to scoop the poop though, he won't want to anymore =) Always works that way.

Happy Birthday :)

Unknown said...

ryn on OD: the bacteria lives everywhere... tap water, fish food, fish you buy.... the weak ones are most susceptible but everyone carries it once it infects a tank. it's a pretty nasty disease- people can get it too, but it's not the TB we're thinking of, it's like skin ulcers. it's still gross.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Taylor! :)

(I'm still cracking up over the poop...)

Anonymous said...

Gabe sounds so funny :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :D

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday dear!

Unknown said...

LOL! I thought all our uterus swapping notes were private... how'd a know? lol

Anonymous said...

hee hee. ah, gabe. so funny. my yard is set up so that next year, sawyer playing outside on his own will be fine. he'd probably be fine now but i'm not sure he'd stay out by himself. he likes to have company, even if i'm not really playing. heaven forbid i read a book though! i should at least be staring at him! LOL.