CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Men = teh suck.

Apparently George has a problem with properly processing things I say to him.

Last week I went into Once Upon A Child to check it out. I was excited that they had one here in Canada. I ended up getting both the boys a winter coat, Xavier some cute winter Robeez booties, and 5 pairs of training pants for Gabriel - all for $43.00. I called George when I was on my way home from the store, because he was watching the boys and I wanted to make sure Xavier was going okay, and to tell him about my finds.

Me: "I got 5 pair of training pants, and they were only $1 each - so $5 for those. And then I got the boys coats and a pair of booties for Xavier, to the tune of about 40 bucks. Not bad, eh?"
George: "Nope, not bad at all..."

Fast forward a few hours, we're in the basement and he found the receipt for everything.

George: "FOURTY FIVE DOLLARS?!" -stares the the receipt-
Me: .... Yea? I told you that's what I spent...
George: NO YOU DIDNT! You told me you spent five dollars!!
Me: -stare-

Two weeks ago I planned on attending a "Mothers Morning Out" seminar this coming Wednesday. It's a seminar that a local chiropractic clinic hosts, with different speakers. This time there's topics such as Natural Childbirth (by a doula friend of mine here), Babe Massage, Baby Sign Language, etc. I called and reserved a spot for myself, Xavier, Melissa, Ainsley and Noah. I didn't reserve a spot for George because I thought he was going to be home.

We have a wedding to go to this weekend, so George isn't going to be going to work for a week. So, at the last minute, he's decided he's going to work Monday and Tuesday to get some extra hours because he's taking next weekend off.

So, that means he won't be home until Wednesday afternoon.

Us on the phone this morning:
Me: So, you're not going to be home on Wednesday?
George: Probably not..
Me: See, I plan things around your schedule - and two weeks ago I planned to attend a seminar at a chiropractic clinic...
George: What are you doing at a chiro-
Me: It's a Mothers Morning Out seminar, with different speakers, and I didn't reserve a spot for Gabe..
George: Sorry?
Me: You did this to me last week, too, when I wanted to attend the LLL meeting on Tuesday night and you weren't home in time!

Fast forward a few hours..

We were talking on the phone and he says, "Your meeting it between 10 and 12 on Tuesday, right?"

... No. It's Wednesday.

And he freaks out telling me I told him it was TUESDAY.

NO YOU DICKHEAD. IT'S WEDNESDAY!

I'm so tired of him half listening to anything I tell him, and then getting mad at ME when he is wrong. Seriously, just fucking listen!

-breathes-

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Men are dense.

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! Boy, Can I ever relate. Men only process certain things! Ugh. Than, they say you never told them - when in reality it's that THEY didn't listen to everything you said!

Jill said...

I think mine has the same problem. I will tell him something FAR in advance, remind him several times, hear him affirm that he heard me and that he'll remember...then the day will come and he'll freak out, insisting that I "never told him" and that I "never tell him anything," or that I told him it was a different day and he KNOWS I told him that. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Wow, can I relate to you on this one! My husband listens to nothing I say!! It's so extremely frustrating!!

Oh Shoot Blog said...

Selective hearing, plus hearing what he wants to hear...bad combo. Good luck with improving that Taylor. :) *hugs*

PunkyzNena said...

I have learned to constantly repeat things so that it can stay in his head but then, he says I'm nagging him.

It's a battle that I don't think can ever be won.

Unknown said...

write it down when you tell him, or if you're in the car, write it down when you get home and stick it on the fridge.... then you have proof and can say "hey, dumb@$$, i already told you that once, and it's written down too!" ... works wonders with justin :)

Anonymous said...

hubby not listening, this i know well. i've had to *breathe* many-a-time (rather than rip his head off.) i feel ya.

MrsCNLee said...

definatly write it down. i have had to start putting stuff in jason's PDA. its sad.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.